Sunday, May 6, 2012

Checking Things Off

I sadly forgot about my "Adventure List" that I made myself a few months ago. But as I was cleaning out my computer files, I reopened it and realized that I had excitedly accomplished many things off the list! Even this past week, I was able to cross off 4 or 5 things:

1. Visiting the Arboretum with Cameron, Alyssa, and Paige: This was a lot of fun but sadly, I don't have any pictures. It was fun to relax outside and get to talk to Paige while the kids ran off and enjoyed the outdoors.

2. Go to Denton/The Square: On Saturday, I traveled to Denton to celebrate my dear friend Laura's wedding shower. After, close friends and I had lunch and hung out at The Square. It felt so good to visit one of my favorite places: Denton, TX.

3. SMU: I am constantly crossing this off my list because I am continuously having a picnic or just relaxing on the beautiful lawns of SMU. I love this campus for so many reasons and am so excited that I can share one of my favorite places with good friends.

Two of my besties: Camille and Ashley. 

Camille and one of her many talents: her skin can stretch a creepishly large amount. 

Gotta love them. :) 

4. Houdeks: Babysitting for the Houdeks doesn't feel like babysitting - it's just plain fun. Great parents, great kids, great dog. Love this family! So blessed!

I have known this family for 6 (7?) years, and Lily is officially taller than me...she's in 5th grade. 

 Good ol' times.

Walker, who is in 2nd grade, can also pick me up. There's something wrong with this... 

The night wouldn't have been complete without one of Walker's yoga moves.

5. Hang out with Home Group friends: I love my Home Group. They are wonderful and have been there for me during this rough season. I got the chance to meet some of the members for brunch at Egg and I ("Eat at a new restaurant": check) and it was great talking and laughing with them. Love my church community. 

6. Art Festival: Emily joined me at Cottonwood Art Festival today and we had a wonderful time "wish shopping" and eating our snow cones. Delightful. 


Other news... 
This week I have an interview for a 1st grade position at a Richardson ISD school that just so happens to fall on my birthday - did I mention I'm turning 23?? Also this week, I am graduating from COLLEGE. There will be a lot of celebrations this week that my heart isn't ready for to be honest. As you all know, I've been given a season of hurt and uneasiness, so the thought of celebrating is hard to get excited about. But, God is good, He is trustworthy, His ways are always best, and I deserve this week of celebration. In all things, no matter what, God always gives blessings...even in the storm - this weekend proved that with friends alone. 



1 comment:

  1. I like that thought... "God always gives blessings..even in the storm"...how true!...and you are right, you DO deserve this week of celebration!!....Happy birthday and congratulations again on your graduation and GREAT accomplishments!!

    Much love,

    Papi

    ReplyDelete