Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Dirty Work

If I'm being honest, today I feel burdened by the uncertainties and unknowns of life. And if I'm being even more honest, I feel the weight of others' sufferings that I'm aware of. I believe that God has placed me in a season of uneasiness. Not because He wants to see me burdened or suffering, but because He wants to bring my faults and sins to the surface and have me grow closer to Him - how merciful is He? During this time, I would say that He has given me the strength to follow Him during this storm - to depend on Him, find my joy and strength in Him, and be encouraged by who He says He is. But man, it's exhausting and today, all I want is peace and rest.

I said before that I was also burdened by others' sufferings. There is a lot of hurt occurring to a lot of people I know and love... it seems as though I am not alone in my season of uneasiness. As I have been listening to the different struggles and decisions that have been made, in some ways I am blown away by how faithful His children are being - absolutely blown away. But in others, my heart hurts when all I see is...well, quite frankly, stubbornness. I have recently heard that in times of need and hurt, you can do two things: hear what you want to hear or hear the truth. Hearing the truth is a lot harder and the rode to recovery is at times draining beyond belief, but in the end, the truth always provides and brings an unmeasurable amount of peace and joy. Hearing what you want to hear won't live up to what the lie says it will bring and in the end just becomes another idol you must battle with. So why don't we so called Christians, run to Christ and allow Him to change our hearts when we know that's what we need to do?

I am the first to admit that I constantly struggle with pride - I, like the rest of us, love my happiness, needs...basically, I love myself - I would even say I think I'm great. But I would be a fool to not admit that  there are things in my life that I need to fix. I hate the way I react to certain situations and people and I hate some of my worst characteristics. It's hard to face reality, but the reality is that I desperately need Jesus no matter what the circumstance because He is the only One that will ever be enough.

So to those who join me in being in a difficult season of life, I'm praying that we run to Christ, allow Him to change our hearts, and that we may be receptive to doing the dirty work.

No comments:

Post a Comment