Sunday, April 1, 2012

Only Through Peace

This week went by really quickly. Student teaching is moving at a rapid pace and the fact that my college years are almost over is beginning to take root. With everything that this new phase in life brings, I can't imagine finding the strength or perseverance without my Jesus. This week I decided to stop trying to figure out my life and find the blessings He has given me in my every days. This is what I found:

Mom was gone all week visiting Elena in SA and I didn't realize how much I missed her until she came home. Throughout the years, Mom and I have become extremely close. She is someone who I look up to, respect, and feel overwhelmingly blessed to call her as my mother. Spending time with her after a week of not being able to, was very much welcomed. 

Katherine and I went to high school together, were in the same sorority at UNT, and were roommates for 2 years. I was lucky enough to see her while she was in town this weekend. It hit me that our friendship has developed and grown because of Christ. We have helped each other grow in our individual faiths, have prayed for each other, have been each other's accountability partners... I even had the privilege of baptizing her. With all of this to say, it's amazing who God places in your life. I love her and her willingness to take a pre-graudation picture for my mom. :) 

"When I appeared to My disciples after the resurrection, it was Peace that I communicated first of all. I knew this was their deepest need: to calm their fears and clear their minds. I also speak Peace to you, for I know your anxious thoughts." - Jesus Calling, Sarah Young
One of the things I have learned through my quiet times this week is to let things go. Like I said before, I've stopped trying to figure out things and have allowed God to rule in my heart. In return, He has given me hope, joy, peace, and discernment. I couldn't ask for more. 

One last thing... 
As you all know, I have been given an interesting and testing season of life. I praise God for it because He has given me a time to run to Him and trust who He says He is. Within this time and through the pain, one of my prayers has been to bring people in my life who I can share this experience with in order to help their hurting hearts. I don't care who it is, I just want to go through this for someone. God answered this prayer. Today, I will be meeting with a friend who reached out to me after a heartache. God is good and faithful. 

May you stop trying to figure things out on your own and let God rule in your heart. He won't disappoint. 




1 comment:

  1. Yerp. It's harder than it sounds, and I suck at it, but when we're able to let go, life really is better. Love you! (Also, heck yes Puerto Vallarta!!)

    ReplyDelete