Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hunting for more than eggs

This week has been crazy. With tornado sirens going off, observations, and getting sick I am amazed I'm able to write this post. Let's get started with this week's adventures:

On Tuesday, I had the lovely privilege of being a part of a real tornado drill. Being in a bathroom full of first graders is interesting to say the least. I will say this, when you have first graders crying and wanting their parents, the best thing to do is quietly pray for everyone and play the game Telephone (it gets everyone distracted and quiet). Thankfully, nothing hit us and we were all safe and sound but going through that type of situation reminded me that life is so unpredictable. Thank goodness I have a God who is the complete opposite.

I had Friday off and enjoyed hanging out with my friends Chelsea and Angela. We went to see Titanic in 3D and it was legit. It was a lot of fun seeing them and wearing those 3D glasses for 3 hours straight... hint: sarcasm.

Saturday, I enjoyed the lovely weather by having a Chick-fil-A picnic with my two wonderful friends Natalie and Raychel at SMU. Sadly, I don't have a picture of our adventure but it was so much fun to have good conversations, card tricks, and just some good old fashioned hang out time. Love them.

I also got to see Cameron and Alyssa later that day and of course was reminded how much I loved being an aunt.
He's too cool. 

I was also super impressed with his writing and drawing skills, so of course being the teacher that I am, I had to show him off. 
A lefty, eh? 

I just came back from Mike and Marisa's where we had our Easter bash. It was loads of fun and it was great to see family and watch the little ones hunt for eggs. 

Ha! I love this picture for so many reasons. I look overly excited and Cam looks disgusted. 

Lucy didn't get the whole egg hunting thing - she just stuck with one egg and was completely content with that. :) 

Cute!

I really love this picture. Fantastic!

Cam: "My candy, my candy!"

I challenged myself this week to be on the lookout for God's blessings in my every day routines. I was amazed at how often God blesses and gifts me with encouragement, love, and with repeated messages. This week He continued to remind me that He is working in all things and there is nothing that He cannot do. And as I write this on Easter day, isn't that the point of the cross? 

2 comments:

  1. There's surely nothing that God cannot do!...I was so glad to celebrate His Son's resurrection with our family this past Easter!...thanks for sharing these pictures!...

    Papi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - remember last year when Cam looked for eggs around the front yard and had no idea what was going on? Good times. I wish I could've been there!

    ReplyDelete