Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mind Racing

This upcoming Friday will be my last day of student teaching. I can't seem to think of anything else. Where did the time go?? 

With this bitter-sweet realization, it's hit me that I need to get a job. College is almost over and that means I am about to enter into the "real world". So, here are my goals: 

1. Finish my last week of student teaching with a bang. 
2. Don't trip during graduation. 
3. Find job. 
4. While waiting for interviews/job offers, enjoy my free time and try not to worry. 
5. Enjoy my summer! (I have a feeling this summer is going to be one for the books.)
6. If I don't get a job by the school year, find rest in the Lord and settle for substituting. 

Cheers to finishing! 


Random...

I thought I would also share with you my current obsession: "I Wont Give Up" by Jason Mraz from his new cd Love Is a Four Letter Word. Yes, some of you might say that the only reason why I like this song is because it fits a certain situation of mine (ha), and I would say that you are correct BUT it's also a beautiful song. Oh, and did I mention I'm going to see Jason Mraz in August with my wonderful friend Raychel?? Woot! 

I'm also reading Matt Chandler's new book The Explicit Gospel and my mind is blown away every time I pick it up. I would recommend this to anyone - believers, nonbelievers, believers who aren't living a Christ centered life, and believers who are. Great truth. 

Also, here are my favorite pictures from the weekend just for grins: 

My clothes are actually large for someone. ;)

Just some brother-sister bonding. 

The Houdek's dog, Daisy. Love. 





4 comments:

  1. YES I am so excited for the concert. I'm also obsessed with I Won't Give Up...I bet there will be a beautiful dance to it on So You Think You Can Dance this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!...College life (at least for the time being) is about to end!....Can't believe it!...All of your immediate goals are pretty good (I like # 2!...) I am SOOO proud of all of your accomplishments both at school in Denton and as a student-teacher!
    I'm positive that you will be a FANTASTIC educator!..and many will be blessed and helped by you!...Go for it!!!

    Much love,

    Papi

    ReplyDelete