Sunday, April 15, 2012

Family Galore

This weekend was full of family, parties, food, donkeys, chickens, lady bug cupcakes, and everything in between. I love family weekends. :)

I didn't plan on doing anything new this weekend because I knew it would be packed with family, but I found myself doing many, unexpected new things. Let's take a look:

The night before Lucy's big birthday party, Elena, Alex, Mom, and I went over to Mike and Marisa's to help decorate and frost cupcakes. I have never decorated cupcakes so elaborately. It was fun, but man did my hand hurt after attempting to make 50 cupcakes look like lady bugs!

This was Elena's mistake, but we laughed about it for a good while. It was by far my favorite cupcake. 

We all helped until 11 that night for our lovely Lucy... and don't worry, Alex is just sniffing glue in the background - the usual. :) 

The party was a hit! Bounce houses, children, food, and a rather large tutu on a small child. What more could you ask for? 

Before Lucy's party, Elena, Mom, Alex, Papi, Cameron, and I traveled to Anna, Texas to visit our sweet Aunt Yeya on her birthday. We not only fed donkeys but also got to pet Vanessa's horses and chickens. Cameron was very excited to say the least...

Cameron and Alex feeding the donkeys. Cute, cute. :)

Petting chickens. Now, I have never pet a chicken before so this was actually exciting for me. 

The gang, minus Mom. 

Today, Mom, Papi, Alex, and Elena came to The Village. After I served I actually sat down with my family at church...something that never happens. Since Mom and Papi go to Stonebriar, Alex and Elena to their church in SA, and the rest of the siblings to Watermark, it was really nice to sit in church with my family since it rarely happens. During the sermon, I was reminded how blessed I am to have the family I have been given. The love that we have for one another is something that is rare to find in days where divorce, abuse, neglect and other unfortunate tragedies are common. I consider myself blessed! 

Great family, great weekend. 



1 comment:

  1. Great weekend indeed!....Thank you for serving in your church...I enjoyed the sermon very much!

    It was fun to go and see Yeya, Steve,Vanesa and all their creatures!....I'm sure Yeya was very grateful that we celebrated her birthday with her,since we hardly ever do it.

    I'm sure that Mike and Marisa slept like a log after Lucy's party!...not to mention Lucy!....and I'm sure that Marisa was VERY grateful for all of your help the previous evening!...Great memories!....

    Much love,

    Papi

    ReplyDelete