Sunday, June 10, 2012

Grown Up Adventures

Remember my "Adventure List" that I made a few months ago? I went through it about a day ago and was able to erase almost everything. Now, there's only a column left of things to do...things that cost a butt-load of money...aka, things that I will have to do in the future. Anyway, the realization that I have accomplished many of my adventures was really surprising because I have recently felt like I haven't been able to do anything on my list because bigger, more grown-up adventures were taking over. Adventures like decorating my classroom, looking/signing a lease on my own apartment (with no roommate for the first time), finding an electric company, renter's insurance, cable/internet, making wall decor and finding good deals on furniture, and making a budget. I think I wrote about this last time, but I've found myself in a weird limbo of transitioning into adulthood. Everything has happened so incredibly fast, but one thing has remained: God's provision. You see, God knows me very well. He knows what I need and when I need... He even knows how I need it. Because of Him, I was able to find an apartment on such short notice and go to family members that I trust to help me create a budget/financial plan that would honor Him. Because of Him, I was given a job shortly after graduation (a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders) and was able to finish my classroom in 2 days...before the AC was shut off. Not only that, 97% of my classroom was given to me from teachers and friends who graciously saw a need and reached out...97%!! And if that wasn't enough, I am at a school where I know the staff and how wonderful they are and have been given an amazing mentor. During this whole whirl wind, I have grown closer to old and new friends and have felt so much love and support from my family. Yes, there are some things in my life that don't seem to be moving out of the frustration, confusion, etc. that it's been trapped in, but in the bigger scheme of things, how am I not blessed?

The next two weeks are going to be crazy. I'm going to start packing up my things and will be moving into my new apartment right after I get back from my trip to Puerto Vallarta. Marcos and Papi were kind enough to rent movers to move my heavy furniture into my apartment while I'm in Mexico. It's weird to think that when I come back, I won't be going home.

Growing up is scary and there's a lot more thinking you have to do (ha), but I have no doubt God will continue to guide me. I feel overwhelmingly blessed to have a God who is so reliable, lovable, and trustworthy.


2 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaay! Growing up is definitely scary, but I think you'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life can be scary at times, but you and God are a majority and He will help you and guide you.....you also have us and can count on us for ANY thing that you may need in your future (well...within reason, of course!)..it's so good that you also will be close to us...and not like me, when I moved to another country after college!...THAT was scary!.....but God helped me at all times when I needed help...and He will help and guide you too!

    Much love,

    Papi

    ReplyDelete