Sunday, July 29, 2012

Counting Down

Summer is almost over and I'm counting down the days until I meet my first group of students. I am constantly feeling a mix of anxiety and excitement - especially when I walk into my school and do work around my classroom. I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that I'm finally a teacher. I have wanted this since I was a kindergartener and the fear of disappointing my colleagues, my principal, myself, my students' parents, but most importantly, my students will at times get to me. I have to continue to push it away because I am reminded as soon as my fear comes, that God has placed me where I am for a reason. In fact, He has never changed the direction of my choice of career and passion: I have always seen myself as a teacher. 

My room is 97% ready, I'm looking at curriculum, and I continue to be blessed by old and new friends and family. As I count down the days until my first day of school as a teacher, God continues to be merciful and show His love. I continue to be ever so thankful because the fact that God is for me is never far from my heart and mind. 

1 comment:

  1. Liz, you are an amazing person and will be an even more amazing teacher! You are one of the most patient people I have ever met and those children will know how much you love them. Just take it day by day and handle challenges as they come. Good luck!

    Stephanie
    Hootin’ Around the Classroom

    ReplyDelete