Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Week of News and Olds

This week has been full of new and old adventures. I am constantly amazed at how glorious God is and how He can be revealed through anything or anyone. If I have been reminded of anything this past week, it is that God is always present.

Last Sunday it hit me that I really needed to purchase a yoga mat if I was going to stick with this new exercise. So, after writing in my blog, I went to Whole Earth Provisions and purchased my very first yoga mat. Thanks to Elena's gift card, I only had to pay $8. SOLD!

Very zen, eh? :) 

Also last Sunday, I started reading a book that my wonderful friend, Emily Wilson, let me borrow. Wilderness Skills for Women: How to Survive Heartbreak and other Full-Blown Meltdowns by Marian Jordan is fantastic. I know it might seem cheesy to actually read a book like this, but looking at my current situation, this book has been a wonderful relief to read. Jordan's comical stories are wrapped in biblical truths and reminders that have really helped me remember that God is very aware of my situation, is protecting me, knows the desires of my heart and loves to bless His children, and most importantly, His delays are not His denials. 

I am blown away by how much this book has helped me. Love it. 

On Tuesday, Mom, Grandmommy and I had coffee with our dear and lovely friend Lisa Kirkpatrick. Every single time I spend time with this woman, I am always left with a smile on my face. She is lovely inside and out and I couldn't be more blessed to have her in my life. Sadly, I don't have any pictures of our time together... probably because I was too excited to finally spend time with her! 

Tuesday night, Mom surprised me by doing yoga with me. Papi got a good laugh, but I have to hand it to Mom, she did well... even though she will say otherwise. :) 

See? I have proof that my mother is a beast!

Friday was my last day in fourth grade, so for the first time, I had to officially say goodbye  to my wonderful fourth graders and the fourth grade team. I literally cannot express the impact my mentor teacher, the fourth grade teachers, and the kids have made on me. I will definitely miss my time there. Tomorrow, I will begin my second rotation in first grade, so I am sure that I will have plenty of new adventures/stories. I will tell you one thing though, everything in the first grade wing is super small: chairs, desks, people...I fit right in.  

This is one of the gifts I received on Friday from my kiddos. I also recieved a card from every student, a basket of goodies/ 2 boxes of books from my wonderful mentor teacher, and a couch, 2 filing organizers, more books, and bookshelves from one of the other fourth grade teachers who is retiring. I can't express how grateful I am! 

Friday night, I excitedly babysat for my favorite family: the Houdeks. I have known the Houdeks for 6 (7?) years and I love, love, love this family! What wonderful people! I can always count on them for prayer support, encouragement, and love that is rare when you met them through babysitting. My relationship with this family just proves that God uses people to show His love and goodness. 

Lily and Walker! Can you believe how old they're getting? And yes, Lily is officially taller than me.  

On Saturday, Papi and I had a date! We went to the Meadows Museum at SMU. We had a great time, bought some scarfs as souvenirs, and had a wonderful lunch at Cafe Express. During our time together, I was reminded of how much God has blessed me with a father like Papi. He is always caring, loving, prays like crazy for his family, and is extremely wise. Some women can't say the same about their fathers, and this fact is something that I take for granted. Thank you Lord for Papi!

Us at the museum! So grateful for Papi! 

I now have 12 scarves. Pitiful I know. :) 

Saturday night I did something I have never done before: I went to Studio Movie Grill and saw a movie by myself. To be honest, the thought of going to a movie by myself was really depressing to think about... especially on a night that was bound to be "Date Night" for a lot of couples. Nonetheless, I saw This Means War (which was really funny), ordered some potato skins and really enjoyed being my own date. Picking the movie, the place, the time, the food was super easy and no arguments were made. I have decided that I am my best date. ;) 

On my way to church this morning, I also did something I haven't done in a long time: ordered a new drink from Starbucks. I ordered a Carmel Macchiato instead of my usual White Mocha. I'll be honest though, I like my White Mocha more.  

Next weekend will be full of new adventures as I'm headed to San Antonio to visit my wonderful sister Elena, her hubby Alex, and KATHERINE! Can't wait! 





2 comments:

  1. Okay, I love this. LOVE this. Liz, I'm proud of you! (And jealous of how awesome you are!) xoxoxoxo Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this post and also like it a lot.....I didn't realize that I married a beast, but the more that I think about it I guess it's true, and I really love her!....I also enjoyed our Museum date!..we need to do more of those!....Papi

    ReplyDelete